So I was my turn to make some lasagna for Cam. 🙂 As much as I hate to admit it, I did take inspiration from a dish I saw on Rachael Rays show. Forgot to takes picks till it was in the oven sorry.
- Tomato sauce – One large can
- Diced tomato with onions and peppers – one can
- tortillas – 4 (I used low carb)
- Roast or baked chicken (I used tenderloin) – about 6 loins or two breasts
- shredded cheese – bag or per shredded or 8 oz
- spicy chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by either using a store-bought rotisserie chicken or roast your chicken. I roasted mine with salt, pepper, cumin and spicy chili powder.
When cooked and cooled, shred or chop up into small pieces and mix with the ca of diced tomato.
Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with tomato sauce (i sprinkled a little cumin and chili powder too)
Layer of tortilla
Finish with tortilla layer on top, then put a little of the left over tomato sauce on top of the tortilla and sprinkle with the cheese.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.